LAST UPDATED – May 2018
YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THE WEB SITE INDICATES YOUR (I) ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND (II) ACKNOWLEDGEMENT THAT THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY THROUGH THE WEB SITE WILL BE MANAGED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT LOCATED AT (the “Privacy Statement”). Each time you access or use the Website, you accept these Terms and any additional terms that will apply to you. If you do not agree with any of the Terms, do not use the Website.
Personal Information. The Privacy Statement governs the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information gathered on or through the Website, including but not limited to, the personal information you provide while establishing an account, purchasing products and/or accessing and using the Website.
THE WEBSITE IS NOT CONSIDERED A GENERAL AUDIENCE SITE. IN ORDER TO MAKE PURCHASES ON THIS WEBSITE, YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED COMPANY AUTHORIZED TO DO BUSINESS IN JAPAN AND MAKE PURCHASES FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES ONLY.
Your use of the Website constitutes your agreement and consent that we may communicate with you electronically for all purposes, which includes all legal and notice requirements. Such electronic communications may take the form of postings on the Website or e-mails to the e-mail address you provide when you register on the Website or place an order. You may withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications at any time but if you withdraw your consent, it will only be effective prospectively (not for orders already placed or in process). Any pricing, availability, ordering or purchasing of products through the Website is subject to the terms of Sections 6 to 14 inclusively.
You must ensure that your access to the Website is legal in each jurisdiction in or through which you access, view or otherwise use the Website or Material.
- Definitions. The following terms have the git definitions set forth below:
"Material" means all text, graphical, audio, video, software, information, data, and other content available, displayed or accessible on or through the Website.
"Site Owner Parties" means the Site Owner’s holding company subsidiaries and affiliates, licensors, vendors, retail partners and any other party involved in the creation, operation, production or transmission of this Web Site and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, successors and assigns.
- Caution about Forward-Looking Statements. Certain statements made on this Website are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which could cause actual results to differ materially from future results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. We refer you to Gildan Activewear Inc.’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and Canadian securities regulatory authorities for a discussion of the various factors that may affect Gildan Activewear Inc.’s (Gildan Brands Japan’s holding company) future results.
- Your Information, Registration and User Accounts. You are not required to establish an account in order to access the Website. However, in order to access some of the resources the Website has to offer and to make purchases, you will be required to register. In registering, you will be asked to provide registration details, which you agree to input, update and maintain accurately and completely so long as you are a registered user. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to provide all the information you provide upon registration. It is a condition of use of the Website that all the details you provide be correct, current, and complete. If Site Owner believes, in its sole discretion, that the details are not true, correct, current or complete, we have the right to refuse you access to the Website or any of its resources, and to terminate or suspend your account or cancel any order you may have placed.
During the registration process, you will be asked to select a username and password. Site Owner, in its sole discretion, may refuse for any reason to grant you a username, including, by way of example only, any username that personally identifies you, belongs to or is being used by another person, impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or maybe protected by trademark or other proprietary laws, violates intellectual property or other rights of any person, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion. You will not transfer or resell your use of or access to the Website to any third party. YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD (AND STRENGTH OF YOUR PASSWORD) AND FOR USE OF YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD, AND FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PURCHASES, AS APPLICABLE) THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT. SITE OWNER IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE FOREGOING OBLIGATIONS.
- Use. In using the Website you agree not to:
- Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, the Website or any Material, services, system resources, accounts, servers, or networks connected to or accessible through the Website or any website affiliated or linked to this Website.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Website, and you acknowledge that unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Website may be subject to prosecution;
- Frame the Website within another website or webpage; or
- Use a manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine" or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website.
- Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise any license or right under any patent, trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property, proprietary, or industrial right of Site Owner or any of its affiliates, or any licensors of any of the foregoing.
- Ordering Instructions. When ordering, please have the following information available: company name/customer number, shipping information and customer generated purchase order number.
- Purchases.You will be required to register online in order to set up a website account.
All purchases are subject to, and you agree to pay, all charges incurred in connection with your purchase, including all applicable taxes, customs duties, shipping, handling, and insurance. Authorization for payment from your credit card issuer must be obtained for Site Owner to charge your credit card at the time of your transaction. In the event Site Owner does not receive payment from your payment card issuer, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any fees charged by the issuer of your payment card for currency conversion. Please consult the terms provided by the issuer of your payment card for applicable currency conversion rate and fees and charges.
When you place a product in the shopping cart on the Website, you will be prompted to enter your Website account log-in information. Upon completion of the online order process, your purchase will be charged to you using the billing information you provided in connection with your Website account or during checkout. You will subsequently receive acknowledgment of the order or a receipt by email to the email address associated with your Website account.
- Payment Options. Gildan Brands accepts Visa, Master Card or JCB at the time of purchase only. While pricing terms and payment upon receipt of invoice are not available for all customers, Gildan Brands encourages customers to establish net terms by completing a credit application and submitting it to our Credit Department for approval. Standard approved terms are Net 30 days for those customers who meet Gildan Brands’ credit requirements. Gildan Brands reserves the right to revoke terms at any time based on its sole discretion and without prior notification.
- Pricing and availability. Prices on the Website are shown in Yen and are valid and effective only for products ordered and shipped within Japan. Taxes, shipping and handling charges are in addition to the selling price unless otherwise indicated on your invoice. All items are subject to availability and we reserve the right to impose quantity limits on any order, to reject all or part of an order and to discontinue products without notice, even if you have already placed your order. All prices are subject to change without notice.
- Shipping. Orders received before 3 PM will be shipped on the same business day. Orders received after 3 PM will be shipped on the following business day. Orders received on weekends and public holidays will be shipped on the following business day. Full or partial shipments may be made depending on stock availability at the time the order is placed. Risk of loss for all goods ordered on this website is passed to you when we deliver the goods to the carrier for shipment. Freight claims for missing or damaged merchandise must be filed directly with the carrier.
- Claims and Return Policy. Customers are responsible to inspect the goods before decorating them. All claims for shortages and/or damaged goods must be i) made within 5 working days of receipt of goods and ii) accepted by Gildan Brands Japan. No returned items will be accepted including damaged items. Relabeled, printed or embroidered goods are not eligible for claim. Refunds for shortage and damaged goods will be credited using the credit card used for payment or by crediting the customer’s account.
Should you experience any problem with an order, please contact Gildan Brands Japan Sales department at CSRJapan@gildan.com or 03-6455-4651 and have your order information ready, including your proof of original purchase.
- Cancellation Policy. No cancellation will be accepted once the order has been processed online and an acknowledgment of order or receipt has been sent to the email address associated with your Website account.
- Product Information and Availability. There may be unintentional inaccuracies, omissions, or errors regarding price, offers, descriptions, promotions, availability, or other matters and except as provided by law, Site Owner will not be liable for these inaccuracies, omissions, or errors. Site Owner will attempt to correct such inaccuracies, omissions, or errors when brought to its attention. Site Owner reserves the right to limit the quantity of items purchased and to change and update information. Site Owner cannot guarantee that any product listed on the Website will be in stock or remain available. Further, Site Owner may discontinue or otherwise cease offering a product at any time, in its sole discretion. If a product is not available at the time you place your order, either because the product is permanently or temporarily (e.g., on back-order) unavailable, we will attempt to notify you. If the product is temporarily unavailable, unless you notify us to cancel your order, your order will remain on back-order and will be fulfilled when the product becomes available for shipment. If a product is permanently unavailable, we will cancel your order for the unavailable product. Unless you notify us to cancel your entire order, we will fulfill the balance of your order pursuant to our ordinary order fulfillment policies.
Product information is for information purposes only and although Site Owner makes every effort to display products (including their colors) as accurately as possible, sometimes your computer and monitor settings can affect what you see when you look at the Website. Consequently, Site Owner cannot guarantee you will accurately be able to see the actual colors and specific features in every case. The technical information, opinions, recommendations and other information made available on the Website, including commentary regarding particular products, are provided for convenience only and may not be relied upon as addressing your particular needs and circumstances.
Some products or services mentioned on the Website may only be available in certain areas or jurisdictions. Any products or services mentioned on the Website are made available in accordance with local law and only where they may be lawfully offered for sale. Site Owner does not claim that the information on the Website is appropriate for or applicable to your jurisdiction or that the products described on the Website will be available for purchase in all jurisdictions. You agree that Section 14 (the Exclusion of Warranties) and the limitations of liability set forth in these Terms apply to all products that you purchase through the Website. In addition, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Site Owner Parties from and against any third party claims in connection with your purchase of products through the Website or use of products purchased through the Website.
- Exclusion of Warranties.YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Site Owner makes no representations or warranties regarding the condition of or access, function and performance of the Website, or the suitability, accuracy, reliability, completeness, currency, quality, timeliness or usefulness of any of the foregoing, or that use of the foregoing will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Site Owner does not represent or warrant that the Website, the Material or the information or materials, or any other software, accessed from or through the Website, will be uninterrupted or free of errors, defects, viruses or other harmful components, or that any such problems which are discovered will be corrected. Site Owner is not responsible for any reliance you may place, in whole or in part, on the Website, the Material, and any such use or reliance is at your sole risk. THE WEBSITE, TOOLS, MATERIAL AND ALL MATERIAL OR INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, SITE OWNER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, WRITTEN OR ORAL, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR FREEDOM FROM INFRINGEMENT. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SITE OWNER OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES WHATSOEVER RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THIS WEBSITE (OR ANY CONTENT THEREOF OR THEREIN), OR ANY MATERIAL, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES EVEN IF SITE OWNER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
These exclusions are in addition to any specific exclusion otherwise provided in the Terms. To the extent that the jurisdiction to which you are subject to does not allow exclusion of certain warranties, such exclusions which are not permitted do not apply.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SITE OWNER WILL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS), ARISING FROM ANY USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE, OR THE MATERIAL, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES OR OTHER CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS UPON WHICH LIABILITY IS CLAIMED AND EVEN IF ANY RELEASEE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOU (AND NOT ANY RELEASEE) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF THE SITE OWNER PARTIES FOR ANY DAMAGES (DIRECT OR OTHERWISE), PENALTIES OR LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE, OR THE MATERIAL, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES OR OTHER CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), EXTRA-CONTRACTUAL LIABILITY, DELICT OR OTHERWISE OF ANY TYPE EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (USD $100). ANY CLAIM FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS THEREOF IS HEREBY WAIVED BY YOU.
Without limitation and notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the Site Owner Parties shall not be responsible for and shall not be liable to you or to any third parties for any claims, losses, costs, expenses, damages, lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on your information handling system, or otherwise arising out of or in connection with:
- Failure to perform, delays, interruptions, communication line or system failures including communication malfunctions that affect the transmission, accuracy or timeliness of information, materials, messages, or instructions between you and the Site Owner or which prevent information, materials, messages or instructions from being transmitted in whole or in part between you and the Site Owner;
- Your inability to access, at any time, any part of the Website or any Materials provided on it;
- Interception, loss or disclosure of confidential or sensitive information transmitted over the Internet, including personal information;
- Lack of suitability, reliability, timeliness or availability of the Website, Material, or products or services offered on the Website; or
- The Site Owner’s failure to take corrective measures.
Your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using and accessing the Website.
IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Site Owner Parties from, and waive and release all Site Owner Parties from all claims incurred or suffered by any release arising out of or based on any claim or threatened claim based on (a) your use of or access to the Website, or that of or any other person to whom you have provided access to your computer system, (b) your use of the any of the Material, (c) your violation or breach of any of the Terms, including, but not limited to, any unauthorized use of any of the Material, or (d) your violation of any intellectual property rights of any Site Owner Party or any third party.
- Ownership and Confidentiality. Except as otherwise expressly noted, Site Owner or its providers (as applicable) own all right, title and interest in and to all Material, and the Website (including, but not limited, the selection, arrangement and organization of any part or content of the Website) (collectively, the "Intellectual Property"), and all copyright, trademark, service mark, trade dress and other intellectual property and proprietary rights, rights of publicity and rights of privacy in or relating to any of the foregoing. Site Owner does not represent or warrant that such Material does not infringe the rights of any other person or entity. Trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively, "Marks") displayed on the Website are registered or unregistered Marks of Site Owner, its affiliates or its licensors, and may not be used without written authorization or license of the owner of such Marks. Without the express written consent of Site Owner in each instance, you may not reproduce, republish, download, upload, post, display, perform, frame, transmit, distributed, modify or use, in whole or in part, whether in text, graphical, audio, video, executable or other form, except as expressly permitted by these Terms. Any other access to the Website or use of Material is strictly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Site Owner. Any information or Material contained on the Website which may be reproduced pursuant to these terms must bear the proprietary rights notices which originally appear on or in conjunction with such information or Material. The use of tools should be made according to the Terms. The use of tools for purposes other than your use and information from the Website, as well as any reproduction of tools from the Website, are prohibited without the prior written authorization of the Site Owner.
- Risks related to the Internet. Complete confidentiality and security is not possible over the Internet. Use of the Internet and communications over the Internet are subject to possible interception, loss, and alteration. Therefore, you should not communicate any personal information to the Site Owner by email, unless adequate security measures are in place in order to ensure the security of the transmission. The Site Owner, its affiliates and their respective agents, administrators and employees will not be liable in any manner whatsoever, to you or any third parties, for any damage as a result of information transmitted by email to the Site Owner. You assume all risks related to such communications.
- Software. Except for software expressly identified as being owned by the Site Owner, any software available for downloading through the Website is provided by third party software vendors pursuant to license agreements or other arrangements between such vendors and end-users. The Site Owner does not sell, resell, license, or sub-license any such software on its Website, and the Site Owner disclaims any responsibility or liability related to the software. Any questions, complaints, or claims related to the software should be directed to the appropriate vendor. You are solely responsible for adequate protection and backup of the data and equipment used in connection with any of the software downloaded through the Website. In the event of any express inconsistency between these terms and those contained in any license agreement with a software vendor, the Terms (i.e., the terms contained herein) are paramount.
- Hyperlinks. This Website may contain hyperlinks and references to other websites. Such hyperlinks and references are provided to you as a convenience only. The Site Owner has not reviewed and does not expressly or implicitly endorse other websites or any information or material, or the accessibility thereof, via such hyperlinks, and does not assume any responsibility for any such other websites, information or material posted thereon, or products or services offered thereon. You may not create hyperlinks from other websites to this Website, except if expressly permitted by the Site Owner. To obtain permission, contact Customer Service at 03-6455-4651 or CSRJapan@gildan.com .
- Damage to Others. It is forbidden to introduce into or through the Website any information or materials which may be deemed harmful to others. Among other things, you agree not to include, knowingly or otherwise, any error or defect in material or information which may, among other things, be a libel, slander, defamation or obscenity, or promote hatred or otherwise give rise to a criminal offence or civil liability on the part of any person or entity.
- Liability for Computer System. You will at all times remain liable for all damages caused by your computer system as a result of (i) the connection, configuration or compatibility of the different components of your computer system, (ii) your use of any material on any website, including without limitation, use of the Material, (iii) your access to any website, including without limitation, the Website or Materials or (iv) your downloading of data, content, software and/or viruses.
The Site Owner, its affiliates and their respective agents, administrators and employees do not assume any liability whatsoever for any unauthorized access to your computer system by hackers or the quality, reliability, compatibility or speed of services rendered by your Internet service provider.
- Termination. The Site Owner, in its sole discretion, may terminate or suspend your use of the Website and Material at any time and for any or no reason in its sole discretion, even if access and use continues to be allowed to others. Upon such suspension or termination, you must immediately (a) discontinue use of the Website, and (b) destroy any copies you have made of any portion of the Material. Accessing the Website after such termination, suspension, or discontinuation shall constitute an act of trespass. Further, you agree that Site Owner shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination or suspension of your access to the Website.
- Investigations. Site Owner reserves the right to investigate suspected violations of these Terms. Site Owner may seek to gather information from the user who is suspected of violating these Terms, and from any other user. Site Owner may suspend any users whose conduct or postings are under investigation and may remove such material from its servers as it deems appropriate and without notice. If Site Owner believes, in its sole discretion, that a violation of these Terms has occurred, it may edit or modify any submission, posting, or upload, remove the material permanently, cancel postings, warn users, suspend users and passwords, terminate accounts or take other corrective action it deems appropriate. Site Owner will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Site Owner to disclose the identity of anyone publishing or otherwise making available any materials that are believed to violate these Terms. BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS ALL SITE OWNER PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY SITE OWNER PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS OR, FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER A RELEASEE OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
- Reservation of Rights. All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved by the Site Owner. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise any license or right under any copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property right of the Site Owner or any other person or entity.
- Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan, without regards to principles of conflicts of law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any court located in Japan.IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Jurisdiction. This Website is intended for use in Japan. The Site Owner makes no representation that Material on the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations or that the Website complies with the laws of any such other location. You are responsible for complying with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. You specifically agree to comply with all applicable laws concerning the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside. You may not use, export or re-export the products or any copy or adaptation in violation of any applicable laws or regulations including, without limitation, Japanese, United States or Canadian export laws and regulations.
- Severability. If any provision hereof is held illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any competent authority in any jurisdiction, such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability shall not in any manner affect or render illegal, invalid or unenforceable such provision in any other jurisdiction or any other provision hereof in any jurisdiction.
- Survival. These Terms apply while you are accessing the Website and remain in effect thereafter, subject to sections 19 and 25. In the event that the Website is no longer accessible to you, the provisions set out in sections 2, 3, 4 and 14 through 30 of these Terms shall survive thereafter.